With Office, you have 365 days ahead of you filled with endless possibilities. And it starts now. (30 Day trial)
Built-in intelligent assistance
- Add reliable sources to your documents with help from Researcher—the handy research assistant that helps you find and incorporate content related to your topic without leaving Word.
- Pull related material into your document with one click. Researcher automatically adds properly formatted citations and references to help you create a solid first draft in fewer steps.
- Editor is a built-in digital writing coach that helps you communicate your ideas with confidence—with intelligent guidance and suggestions for improving your writing style that expand over time.
- Sharpen your skills with advanced, contextual editing, grammar, and style recommendations based on machine learning and natural language processing, to help bring out your best writing.
- Find the feature you need in seconds—just type what you want to do in the intelligent “Tell me what you want to do” search box and go directly to the command you’re looking for.
- Quickly get context on a term using Smart Lookup, and find help topics for features or commands, in addition to features themselves.
Stunning presentations in minutes
- PowerPoint Designer is an intelligent, built-in tool that helps you create high-quality slides in seconds.
- The Morph transition effect creates cinematic motion in one click, seamlessly animating between your slides.
- Use Zoom to easily create interactive, non-linear presentations. Present your ideas your way, in whatever order is best for your audience, with smooth, effortless navigation in and out of any slide.
- Create and share dynamic presentations, reports, and personal stories with Sway.
- Add multimedia to an online canvas that looks great on any device.
- Use the built-in design engine to bring your content together with beautiful styles, so you worry less about formatting and focus more on storytelling.
- Excel one-click forecasting visually predicts trends based on history and seasonality.
- New charts, like Treemap, Sunburst, Waterfall, and Funnel simplify and bring complex data to life.
Keyboard, touch, or pen—Office works the way you do
- Get more flexibility with touch-friendly versions of Office apps.
- Edit, zoom, and navigate across documents on your touchscreen PC, tablet, or phone.
- Streamline editing documents with digital inking. Use your finger, pen, or stylus to annotate and highlight text.
- Handwrite an equation in OneNote, and the Ink Math Assistant not only converts it to text, but it also teaches you the steps to solve it.
- Use Ink Replay to rewind and replay the sequence of mark-ups made by others to better understand their thought process.
- With Ink Editor, you can use ink intuitively to edit documents directly. Strike through words to delete them, circle text to select it, and automatically snap highlighter ink to text.
Collaborate how you want and manage changes in shared documents, whether you’re working offline, online, or simultaneously with others.
Collaborate online or in the Office apps
Work together in real time
- Co-authoring lets you work in the same document with others on files stored in the cloud.
- See where others are typing in Word 2016 andview their changes in real time.
Sync files in the cloud to your Windows PC
- Keep full control of your documents on OneDrive,OneDrive for Business and SharePoint.
- Sync your online files with your Windows PC and access them even when you’re working offline.
Invite others with one-click sharing
Share with a click of a button
- Use the Share button to quickly invite others to edit or view your documents.
- Easily manage access permissions and see who’s currently working in a document.
Attach files with ease
- Attach files in Outlook directly from OneDrive,OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
- Easily configure permissions for all your attachments without having to switch apps.
- Outlook 2016 lists your recently used documents in the ribbon so they’re easy to find and attach with a click.
Organize your ideas in one place
- OneNote gives you a centralized place to collect, organize and share everyone’s notes across devices.
- Keep your ideas organized together in multiple formats, including photos, videos, drawings, notes, and more.
Share and collaborate on documents with confidence
Manage changes in your documents
- Stay in control of your shared documents while collaborating. Integrated activity feed and version history keep you on top of changes when you’re not all working at the same time.
- Refer back to earlier drafts of your documents stored on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online. Revert to an older version if needed.
Work confidently, thanks to alerts from others when you need to act
- Easily identify emails that need your attention with @mentions in Outlook.
- Flag action for another person by typing the @ symbol in the body of an email and picking the desired name.
Work seamlessly anywhere with your favorite Office apps and pick up where you left off on any device
Portable productivity with Office 2016 desktop and mobile apps
Work online or offline
- Get the fully installed versions of Office 2016 apps for up to 5 Windows PCs or Macs, such as Word,Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote.
- Create and edit your documents when you’re offline—no Internet connection needed.
Work confidently on the go
- With full-fidelity Office mobile apps for Android™, Apple®, and Windows devices, you get the familiar Office experience optimized for touch and smaller screens for all your devices.
- Enjoy consistent editing and formatting features no matter where you get things done.
Easy, secured collaboration with just a browser
- View and edit documents using the free Office Online apps in any web browser.
- You and any friends, family, and coworkers with whom you share documents can enjoy a familiar Office experience in convenient online form, even if you don’t have Office desktop apps installed.
Your documents are available wherever you are, with 1 TB of cloud storage included
Stay connected to what’s important with Microsoft OneDrive
- Bring everything together and do more wherever you go with 1 TB (1024 GB) of cloud storage for documents, photos, and more.
- Collaborate and manage changes knowing that everyone is working with the latest version.
Collaborate wherever you are
- Access and share files, and get work done together anywhere, anytime.
- View and edit your documents stored on OneDrive and use co-authoring features on your phone or tablet.
Pick up right where you left off, even when switching between your favorite devices
Stay connected to your documents in the cloud
- Your list of most recently used documents includes files on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, andSharePoint.
- From your desktop to your favorite device, your recent list of cloud documents travels with you wherever you’re working, so you always have access to the content you’re working on.
Switch devices without missing a beat
- Office apps remember where you left off in your documents, so you can seamlessly resume working, no matter which device you most recently used.
- Office keeps track of other settings as well, so your personalized experience goes wherever you go.